50 Unique Ways to Get Referrals
1. Post on GPT forums.
This is a great idea, get involved in forums that are about the get paid industry and put your referral link in your signature. Don’t make the mistake of spamming the forum otherwise you will find your post deleted and most likely your account at the forum banned. What you want to do is become a part of the forum community and as more and more people read what you have to say, you will find people will start to click your referral link out of curiosity, this will lead to sign ups.
2. Place a free ad on Craiglist In the employment section. This is a good place to find people looking for work. Although craiglist doesn't allow spam or referral marketing you can post an ad there for something like "Researcher Wanted" or "High school and college students wanted." Then, in the body of the ad, write something that tells them you need researchers, make your own schedule. Teens or students wanted etc. When someone responds. Send them a email back explaining to them to check out the site and give them your referral link. This Has gotten me around 400 referrals and 88 active referrals a month. I admit I only retain about 43% of the people who I email which means around 4 out of 10 emails, roughly 4 will sign up. But its easy and FREE!
3. Go to a college,High school, and junior high campus and leave a few flyers laying around for the students to pick up when they get to school. I wouldn't recommend going to a high school or junior high campus during school hours but early in the morning is best. For a college campus, pretty much anyone can be there anytime.
4. Go through large parking lots putting flyers on cars.
This is something that I haven’t tried myself yet but have thought about doing many times. It is a quick way to get your flyer to many people, the problem is if those flyers get read or not, so if you are going to try this make sure your flyers stand out. This method usually requires your time and maybe a little money to print up flyers.
5. Write a blog or create a website.
This is by far the best way to get refferals!!! This way hundreds of thousands of people can search for and see what you have to offer. Put you link in your blog and website and GET TRAFFIC to it. For me im not very computer literate So I had www.webs.com build me a website. I will provide a link to that website once it goes online.
Getting your own website can be the difference between a couple hundred dollars on your check or a couple thousand.
6. Find chat rooms and groups that have the sole purpose of “Money Making” This is worth giving it a go, it isn’t all that time consuming is usually 100% free, and can be fun. And, you most likely pick up a few tips and tricks from the chat room as well.
7. Write online classified ads.
There are lots of sites out there that you can post ads on for free. Although this is a far shot from bringing in thousands of people a few extra refferals here and there help a lot. Place ads explaining how people can make money for free and leave your link.
8. Talk to students at high schools and colleges'.
Absolutely go for it, if you a teen in high school then you know exactly how much your school friends need money, if you can show them an easy and legitimate way to make money online then surely they are going to be interested and if you can follow up and show them your checks then I think you will find they would be more then willing to sign up on the spot and give it a go.
Videos are a fast and easy way to get refferals. Make videos showing of your check or offering a special insight into your site, like "how to properly complete offers" Place these videos up wherever you can for free like youtube, google videos, etc Put you refferal link in the description and offer to help people out when they sign up under your link.
11. Tell your contacts!
throw a link out to the people in your email contacts and cell phone contacts.
12. Paid advertising on other people’s websites
Making your own site or blog is easy, the trick them is to get traffic to it, advertising on a popular site is a sure fire way to get your referral link seen by many people at once, that being said don’t go over aboard with what you spend, my rule of thumb is to spend 50% of what I earn into promoting and the rest goes in the bank for me.
13. Buy an expired domain with traffic and “redirect” to your referral link.
This is an old school trick that many people have been doing for a long time now, a lot of expired domains still have traffic and if you can grab one at the right time, you can do quite well.
14. Offer cash or other incentives for sign-ups
This can actually work quite well, work out a profit share deal with the person that is signing up under you, I always reward active people in my downline, after all they are earning me money so why not share a little with them as an incentive reward. The other thing that helps with recruiting new referrals to your get paid to program is that if they have seen the site before through someone else’s referral link then a financial incentive could be the difference that sways them to sign up with you.
15. Add your ref. link or website to a file name of an mp3, video, or program and share it over a file-sharing network like Bear Share or a torrent program. This comes under the category of getting your referral link out to as many people as possible to be viewed. Weight of numbers will convert into referrals.
16. Free traffic exchanges
There are plenty of traffic exchanges on the internet that will help in getting traffic to your site, traffic exchanges give you a credit for every site of someone else’s that you view, those credits are then redeemed for people to view your website. The bonus with this method is anyone that signs up under you will usually be a webmaster them selves and chances are they will recruit their own referrals and start to fill your 2nd tier downline.
17. Google Adwords (makes website ads that link to your website or ref. link)
Find your self some long tail key words that aren’t competitive and you can find your self gaining referrals at a cheap price.
18. Mention that you get paid in US funds
This is a huge plus when it comes to recruiting to any get paid to program, if someone from overseas joins the site and gets paid in US dollars it can be an extra 50% or even 100% more when they convert into local currency, don’t be afraid to recruit people from over seas, they might be that next huge promoter.
19. Rent a billboard (Approx. $8-$15 per day)
This is a great idea if you can get billboard advertising at a cheap rate and one that has a lot of traffic that will see it and read your message on a daily basis. I would suggest though if you are going to go with this then get a domain name that points to your referral link. Remembering www.xxxxxxx.com is a lot easier then remembering www.xxxxxxx.com/?xxxxxx. The risk you take here is that your potential referral won’t type in your referral id and you lose out.
20. Add your site/blog to digg, stumble upon, Bumpzee, del.icio.us, etc>br> This is an absolute must do for any site owner, add one or two of your articles and if it is good with a bit of luck you can find yourself with 20,000 vistors in a little under 24 hours.
21. Have a friend or network digg your site/blog to digg, stumble, etc The more diggs you get the closer to the front page your article will be, if a couple of friends can help you out and get you a little closer to the front page then go for it, it is well worth the time you spend.
22. Radio advertisement for your referral link or website.
This is certainly worth a shot if you can word an ad that grabs curiosity and gets people thinking about the site and wanting to have a look at the site to see what it is about. As you may have noticed by now, gaining referrals is all about maximizing the exposure of your ref link, site or blog.
23. Attach your referral link in your email address or signature.
This is such a simple thing to do but so many people over look it, have a think about how many emails you send out, how many times those emails are forwarded on to others and then you start to realize the viewing potential of your referral link in just your email signature.
24. Road-side signs & banners
This is an other thing that I have thought of doing many times but have never quite got around to it, that being said I think it could get you a few referrals and if you are a bit sneaky, you could make up your own sign and find a nice place that gets plenty of traffic and put the sign up free of charge.
25.Have people sign up through your link in order to play a fun online-game.
Did you know you can play some fun online games on some sites? Not many people do and this could be a different approach that you could take in your recruitment efforts. Get potential referrals interested in the games and they find the offers and surveys after they sign up, this is a huge bonus to them.
26. Optimize your website for excellent search engine ranking.
This takes time and a bit of experience, but if you are going to go to the trouble of building a website / blog then you really should do some research into Search Engine Optimization, this will help you obtain a higher result in search engine placement.
27. Add regular content to your site or blog. Keep it updated with new info.
Building your site is one thing, but you can’t just forget it, keep it updated and keep it fresh and you will find that alone will give you a higher search engine placement.
28.On your banner / images, use the “alt tag” with either your webpage / blog or “keyword”.
This is over looked by numerous people when they build a website, particularly to those that are new to site building. Search engines can index / spider images, so adding the “alt tag” helps “define” the image! Search engines can’t tell one picture from another from a simple image url, so using the Alt tag gives a description for your picture that search engines can index.
29. Put a cheap ad in your local newspaper,penny saver or thrifty nickel in the help wanted or employment section.
This is well worth doing, first of all it is cheap and won’t cost you too much but it is then seen by many people that can use extra money, if they read they can make extra money from home then I think they are going to be interested enough to check out the site further that you are advertising.
30. Put an E-book up for auction on Ebay with your blog or other website info in it.
This is a very good idea, many people purchase ebooks online and from ebay, simply put your website information into your ebook and load it with affiliate links, then sell it for .99 cents or something very cheap, you will make a bit of money from the ebay sales but you will also make money from the referrals this technique will generate.
31. Before shipping eBay items, put an ad with your ref link in the box.
Every time you can, get that ad out for your get paid to site with the referral link in it as well.
32. Use the dot.tk so you can change your referral link completely.
This is a very good idea, it is easy for a potential referral to just type in www.xxxxxxx.com rather then www.xxxxxxx.com/?xxxx if you can completely change that referral url to something that is easy to remember and doesn’t look like a referral url then you will find it will be easier to advertise the new link and get more conversions (people signing up)
33. Make a sign to put on a row of shared mailboxes
Why not give it a go? 20 minutes work or there abouts can get you a few quick and easy referrals.
34. Sign up for a virtual business card. www.entrecard.com and list your blog under the money making forum. Once you sign up, visit other money making blogs and drop your card on their site.
I have not tried this idea myself and to be honest I had never heard of the site until recently but I don’t think it would hurt to give it a shot and see how it goes.
35. Build a huge MySpace friends list and dedicate the profile to your blog or website.
Social sites like Myspace, Facebook and Twitter are a gold mine and if you have a huge following you can quite easily get yourself a number of referrals, if you can create a successful group on Facebook and get your self 100,000 plus members then you can imagine how much traffic you can potentially get to your blog or website.
36. Place business cards with your referral link in shopping carts.
Very good idea, the more places that you can put your business cards that people will pick them up and read them the better.
37. Put up a flyer that has your ref. link with tear off tabs on store bulletin boards.
Many people do this as I am sure you have all have seen these types of flyers in the past. If so many people do then it must work, the trick is to have a good message that interests people enough to tear off the stub and check out the site.
38. Go to the library and place business cards with referral links in books about financing, debt, home businesses, etc.
This is called ambush marketing and if done right can be very effective, don’t go overboard though and put cards in every book in the library, just a few here and there. While you are at the library put a few cards on the desks as well.
39. Place business cards with referral link in public restrooms.
You may laugh at this, but why not give it a go, people will read the card and that is one of the most important thing when it comes to advertising of any sort, you need people to read your message.
40. Text your link to all your friends/family.
Text a simple message such as, “check this site out” or something similar is just enough information to get someone interested enough for them to have a look at a site that you just recommended.
41. Set your in-game username to a shortened link or your referral link.
I see this all the time and usually the site name sticks in my mind, it is well worth doing this.
42. Hold up a sign on a street corner just like a car wash.
I think with this method you would need a bunch of business cards with you to give out to anybody that is potentially interested, now I got to admit I am not about to go and test out this referral technique myself but you are all more then welcome to give it a try and let me know how you go.
43. Put your URL in your PS3′s comment.
This is thinking outside of the box and cross promoting, very simple to do and can lead to positive results.
44. Point out that this is not a scam such as “free to sign up”, post testimonials, or “doesn’t require confidential information such as credit cards, bank account, or social security info.
A lot of people are still very reluctant to give out personal information over the internet and that is fair enough I guess, so point out the facts that other then an address there is no need to give out any other personal information to get paid.
45. Print off fake/dummy checks and leave them at heavily populated places.
Make it out to Uncle Sam for $23,000, sign it, and just below the dollar amount, put in case this check is found, please visit www.”yourwebsite”.com. Sounds like a fun idea and could get you a few people that have a look at your site.
46. Write your referral url or website address on every $1 bill you get
The average dollar bill changes hands hundreds of times in it’s life time, if you write your site address on just 100 of your $1 bills and they each change hands 100 times each, that is 10,000 people that will have seen your referral url.
47. Put business cards in the credit card slots at gas stations.
This is sneaky and I think I am going to have to try it myself, make sure the cards are hanging out of the slot a bit, I’d 100% guarantee that everyone that pulls out the card will have a look at it quickly, some people will keep it others will throw it away.
48. Make business card coupons with your website or ref. link and leave at different stores with a Take One – Free sign.
This is a must do and if you can put a few flyers there as well, getting that information out to as many people as possible is what this referral game is all about.
49. Go to job fairs!
In most any city you can find job fair, Simply go there with some flyers and explain to people what cashcrate is all about. This way is good because you can explain to people to type in your whole link. Chances are anyone who takes the flyer will do this. Also They are out of work and actively looking for income. Its perfect.
50. Offer to help find their first referrals after signing up under you.
Helping those that are helping you make money can be a huge incentive, offer to find a few referrals for each of your active downline members will be very much appreciated and an added incentive to work harder.
51. Write an article.
I would suggest writing many of these and putting your referral link or website address in the bottom of the post where you tell people a little about the author, a well written informative post can be well received and read by many.
52. Go to Best Buy and Office Max
I did this and got 7 active refferals in a day for a few min of work. Any store that sells computers and has them on display will usually have internet access already. Go to each computer and type in your refferal link and bring up the cashcrate sign up page and leave it up. Some people will be like "What the hell is this, and since curiousity killed the cat, it is likely people will sign up right there at best buy and look at it again when they get home.
53. BACK-LINK your website, blogs, articles, posts, and classifieds.
If you have more then one site then cross linking can build up your search engine results, the more back links you can create the better.
54. Use Social Sites To Promote Your Referral Link Or Referral Blog.
Use popular sites like Twitter (note click on the Twitter link, for exact twitter tips), Facebook, MySpace, Tagged and other social sites to get more referrals! Pretty easy to set up accounts there!
Hope these tips help you in getting referrals for your programs.
50 Unique Ways to Get Referrals